Exuberant Bastard

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Seven Thousand (+) and Going!












Pictures from the New Years Eve party I attended thrown by Gena and Maggie. Gena's birthday is on the 31st of December, so a heck of a party was thrown in her honor. While we were there we stayed and partied for New Years Eve. These are the results.

Wow. I bought my Canon Digital SLR EOS 20D in August of 2005. In that time, I've shot over 7000 photos with it and various lenses (currently at 7086) for some people that's a lot of photos for other's it's more than they'll ever take in their entire lifetime. But, I'm not even a high volume shooter! Some of your digital wedding photogs out there shoot a good 1200 a weekend. But in the year and four months that I've had my 20D I can say I've grown a lot as a photographer. If we go back to the 2 years before that when I started shooting on my trusty Canon EOS 7E, we're probably talking in excess of 10,000 pictures combined total. I can only thank my most favored of all subjects, my friends and family. Even when they hate seeing a camera in my hands they struggle through and allow me to capture their likeness in the way that I see them. Be it drunk, funny, inquisitive, blissful or perplexed, the camera and I get a chance to capture you in all moments of humanity.

Technologies may change the equipment, time may change my age, but the photographer behind the lens will always be the same hungered being craving a chance to show others themselves.

2 Comments:

  • Wow - I am amazed by these new photos. You have the best lighting in all of them and got some great shots. What type of flash are you using on these? I'm never able to get good indoors photos because of lighting.

    Happy New Year! Hope to see many more great pics from you soon.

    By Blogger ami, at 1/05/2007 8:05 AM  

  • Thank you for you enthusiasm Ami =). The flash is still the same 420EX I've had since... well... your wedding! But along with different technique and a flash bounce/diffuser that I purchased from Joe Demb it can act entirely different than just a cold direct strobe. I also shoot in RAW mode so I can tweak the white balances to get the skin tones flattering or true to the eye depending on what I'm going for in the shot. A Canon 580EX is in my not too distant future, as are a few other tasty morsels of photoequipment.

    By Blogger Nevkil, at 1/08/2007 3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home