Exuberant Bastard

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Mental Tickles

So my stream of conscious surfing today has led me to some quotes from famed New York Yankees catcher Yogi Berra. The journey started off as a trivia finding mission for "Bon Voyage Charlie Brown", which eventually led me to researching the individual Peanuts Characters. Peppermint Patty is prone to malapropisms, and I followed that branch to the origins of such humor. Other word play was linked, and I found myself at these gems. Something about them has got me cracking up all morning outloud. Yogi Berra is a freaking genius. The bit about his epitaph, has me in stitches. Do yourself a favor and soak in the widsom and wit (if not entirely intentional) of this Hall of Famer cum Zen Master. It just might make your day. I know it made mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home