Exuberant Bastard

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Output!



So I've been busy. This past Saturday was the wedding photography gig, and this time it wasn't a direct friend of mine as the bride or groom. Sarah-Irene and John were great though. I had a lot of fun and I took a bunch of pictures that I culled down to about 340. I've got a bunch of faves, most of them respresented in the above collage. My favorite non-portrait pictures are the wedding environmentals. I had a great day and lighting for pictures, (overcast with sprinkes of rain, and the church has plenty of skylights and windows that would have normally flooded traditional film out. ) and it also helped to have technology on my side (Thank goodness for digital, and whitebalance!) . Editing these photos was almost as addicting as taking them. The times I get to grind out a creative product on my computer lately are a rare and cherised delicacy.

Having shot my own share (and by many less-than-brave photographer's standards one is too many) of weddings using traditional 35mm film (in Professional emultions of course), it's an amazing breath of fresh air to be able to say that I've reviewed the pictures, culled the pictures to a more managable size, and edited the pictures for color/composition all just 2 business days after the wedding! Before, it took me almost 2-3 weeks to see the returned proofs from the photofinisher I used. As it is, if I was just delivering the final digital images on a DVD without any type of prints, I'm done. Digital is blazing volcanic changes to photography workflow.

Here are some of the environmentals at very tiny sizes compared to their "deliverable" quality siblings.











1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home