Exuberant Bastard

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Flash dance



So Tuesday night I was so curious to know if my current tripod setup was strong enough to handle my camera + new lens. The lens is of a relatively normal zoom range, but with optics both exotic (Ultra-Low Dispersion, and Aspherical) and enormous. The outer diameter of the front glass element is 77mm, the largest round filter thread size. Even though I own a tripod that's quite heavy, I had to make sure it would all be stable. So I get everything setup, and find relief in that my tripod is quite sturdy despite it's newfound heavyweight friends. I satisfied my curiousity further by taking test shots with the new flash diffuser I've purchased as well. My apartment has several large windows that face the parking lots, and I can't help but wonder if people could see the blitz from my flash bleed through the blinds.

On Wednesday night Sara and Shaun and I hung out at El Torrero for some tasties and distribution of Japanese artifacts made in China. (Sara had recently gone to Japan to visit her best friend). Afterwards I informed Sara that I would need to use her as a test subject for my new setup, which she was kind enough to oblige. So I've got a set of photos that involve Shaun and Sara combatting with pillows on my futon. It's hot. Or Sarcastic. Or something. At least I know my photo gear is working.


(The above picture was stolen from this website, and it shows my camera, my lens + it's lenshood, and something I don't own...yet... which is the vertical grip - located on the bottom of the camera).

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home