Exuberant Bastard

Monday, May 08, 2006

Anticipation(s)


I photograph weddings as a pro-am and it's something of a labor of love for me. One thing that I haven't been able to shake though, are the jitters and worries that plague me a month before the shoot. These butterflies are like my social worries about meeting new people. I'm entirely dodgy and shy and unconfident when the mere idea of new socialities surface to the now. But put me in that firey cauldron and I strive to be the dominant flavor. I like to think that I'm the same way with photography. Since it actually involves a good bit of personable ability, I'm more at home behind a lens and in front of people than I am anywhere else.

With that said, I'm terribly excited/scared about this weekend. While I'm responsible for creating the images that last a lifetime, at the same time, I'm responsible for creating the images that last a lifetime.

(the above picture was from the Semonova-Shattuck wedding I took last August)

2 Comments:

  • Wow, gorgeous shot!

    I know it's easy to say to just shake those jitters and get out there and do what you do best! I bet those jitters will slowly fade away as years go by and compliments accumulate. My family and I were so impressed with the engagement pictures and the "casual" pictures you took at our wedding. Seriously, you are impressive...just remember that! Also, don't undersell yourself!!!

    By Blogger JC, at 5/08/2006 10:50 AM  

  • I'm going to start a new blog featuring the extroverted acts of introverted cats...it'll be called "Dominant Flavor"

    This might jive well with Patently Delicious...shameless plug

    By Blogger ac, at 5/19/2006 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home