Exuberant Bastard

Monday, June 28, 2004

Utsusemi

*breathes in*

Today I cast off yet another skin, and renew my relationship with a person I've known all my life...myself. Or rather the self that exists as a multi step organic-scientific-mystic waltz from my subconciousness to my consciousness to my ego to my fingers to the keyboard etcetera. It's a refreshing experiance for me, as usual, but this time I have the determination to make it something more than a morose commentary on my unwieldly perception of love.

I've been meaning to get back on some sort of writing schedule, but I waned from it for lack of an audience. It's no secret I'm an amalgam performer-thinker archetype to my friends; a sort of charismatic enigma that craves attention of any kind one instant only to stymie my whims and freeze my interactions the next. Now that I feel that I have friends who might be interested in finding out more about me combined, with not-so-secret need to expunge myself unto the masses, I again write.

The whole process seems to molt me.

The japanese word "Utsusemi" refers to the shedding skin of a cicada. The process symbolizes renewal, and in this case is the renewal of self.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home