Exuberant Bastard

Monday, April 10, 2006

Tree Pollen and Me. (A Tragedy)

I had so many things I wanted to do this past weekend, but for the most part I ended up sleeping. It's my unscientific conclusion that the pollen is eating away at my soul. For the most part, it's actually not too terrible; I'm not crying, sniffling, coughing or convulsing in ways that would require Catholic priests (young and old). But it does tire me out. I feel a general bodily irritation that might constitute a soon-to-become 27 year old itch, and my body is probably fighting off the yellow invaders. Asian? No... domestic aboreal sperm. The entirety of Atlanta is being inundated with springtime beauty and the associated requirements of tree sex.

Of the activities, I really wanted to go to the Atlanta Dogwood Festival, but that would have required waking up early, and finding parking somewhere around 8am. Wasn't going to happen considering my recent trip to Chicago had me up at 4am (EST) every night for a week. So I spent the day napping away the hurt. Thankfully my decision was justified, considering the rains that fell, a small reprieve from the pollenic onslaught of the week.

But, my decision was not so smart on Sunday. The day was amazingly beautiful, and the flora thought it was the most perfect time to amp up their sperm production. Girls, flowers are not overtly feminine, according to my calculations, they're hornier, and less restrained than the men who give them to you, albiet only during a few months a year. Hence, I slept most the entire day. What a freaking pisser. Though, from a portrait photographer's standpoint it was terrible to go out in, not a single cloud in the sky. Diffused lighting is far more flattering to skin than harsh noonish sun. So as far as having fun in great weather I missed out, but blame the sleep-eze brought on by pollen; on the other hand, I wouldn't have been able to do what I wanted to do anyway.

My goal today after I scarf down some of tasty remnants of last nights dinner, is to walk over to Lullwater park here at Emory and see if I can't make something happen with light, nature, a lens and a 8.2 megapixel digital sensor. Oh I should probably do some work too ;-)

In other news, good thing I brought my camera. Home opener for the braves? Badass. Hope we can score some tickets.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home