Exuberant Bastard

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Day at the Races

Todd, my friend of almost 20 years, is getting married this month. Last month we had the Bachelor Party thrown by his sister Jeness, who is the "Best Man". Rightly so, because these two are pretty much inseparable siblings. I grew up with them and I consider Jeness to be a long lost sister, as much as Todd is as close to a blood brother as one can get.

The activities of the day (from 11am-God Knows When), included but were not limited to: Drunken Bus Ride I, Arlington Park, Drunken Bus Ride II, to Sam Maguires Irish Pub, and Drunken Bus Ride III to "Club O" gentlemens' club. I'd like to make a personal salute to all the Barley, Hops and Yeast that died to make the epic amount of beer that our troupe consumed.

I was sort of torn between socializing and taking pictures, so halfway through the day I packed up my 20d and concentrated on having fun. I did take more pictures with Todd's Canon digital powershot, but I haven't gotten those yet. Some real keepers there too.


Jeness and Todd


The only fulltime professional female trumpeter/Bugler Bonny Brown.


Fellow Groomsman (along with myself) Neil!



You can view my selections from the events here:
Barthel Bachelor Party Selections
August 26, 2006 - 46 Photos

3 Comments:

  • Fun pics! I'm impressed that you got as many shots as you did - it's always hard for me to take shots at social events.

    By Blogger ami, at 9/11/2006 9:29 AM  

  • Thanks Ami. Truthfully I'm really, really horrible about bringing my camera to a function only to never bring it out. I think I've done it at least 20 times now. My excuse is either A. I don't feel like bringing it out because I'd rather be talking to X, or B. I don't want to risk my camera and lenses in the environment we're in. ( i.e. public bar). ;-)

    I'm trying to be better about it though!

    -k

    By Blogger Nevkil, at 9/11/2006 10:05 AM  

  • Same reasons for me. Plus, one more (a stupid one, I know): People often seem so annoyed when they get their photos taken. Of course, they love looking at them later. I know we've discussed this before, but it still irks me!

    By Blogger ami, at 9/11/2006 10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home